In the Ardèche, my holidays become meaningful!
Going on holiday at Camping La Turelure means easing up the pace, slowing down and taking time to enjoy life without ever getting bored!
It means a haven of tranquillity as well as the chance to do all sorts of activities.
Whatever your tastes, there’s something for you, so everyone can fully enjoy their holidays with family or friends:
- Swimming in moving water
- Outdoor activities
- Exploring the region
- Visiting traditional villages
- Trying out local food
“Leisure” at the campsite
- Aquatic pleasures: swimming in the river or in the pool:
Direct access to two small rivers (La Ligne and La Lande), classified category 1 for fishing. Private body of water in summer (depending on weather conditions and water level): ideal for practising canoeing (available)
- Swimming pool and paddling pool: open from 10:00am to 7:00pm, swimming shorts and shorts prohibited: swim briefs (speedo type) compulsory
- Playground: located next to the terrace to have fun under watchful parental eyes
- Petanque pitch lit up in the evening
- Ping-pong tables (bring your rackets, balls on sale)
- Table football
- Board games on loan (for all ages)
- Library (booksin French or Dutch, all ages)
“Entertainment” at the campsite (July and August)
In summer, we offer a range of daytime and evening activities. We put on a balanced entertainment programme (1 event per day on average) in order to create a warm and friendly atmosphere, in moderation, so that everyone can enjoy some peace.
- Welcome drink on Sunday at 6:00 pm: “The place to be” to get all the helpful info and tips for a great holiday!
- Discovery outings in our villages of South Ardèche (hikes)
- Petanque and ping-pong competitions
- Giant wooden games
- Cocktail games
- Children’s Olympics
- Evening entertainment in summer (once or twice a week): theme dinners, shows, concerts or dance parties
“Facilities” at the campsite
If you feel like a nice meal, a relaxing break or just a good time out, come and join us at the reception lodge / snack bar.
Your well-being eis of utmost importance to us and we’re more than happy to give you some advice and share our experience and knowledge of the area to make sure you have an unforgettable stay in the Ardèche!
Welcome to Camping La Turelure!
Just got here?
Need some advice for the day’s outing?
Or maybe you’re looking for a good book to chill out by the river? You’ll find everything you need here!
Open daily from 8:30am to noon and from 3:00 to 7:00pm
(opening times may be adjusted before the season).
- Here, you’ll find: information, advice and tips about the best places to go, inviting you to discover the Ardèche and enjoy its varied range of cultural activities (medieval villages, night markets, castles and museums) and sports (canoeing, canyoning, caving, rock-climbing, hiking, cycling and much more)
- A grocery store selling local products (jams, chestnut cream, terrines, wines, honey…)
- Loan of board games, books and guides
- Bread delivery in July and August: from 8:30am, to be ordered the day by 6:00pm
“Sam’s Pizzas” Snackbar / Terrace area
A place where time stands still, where you can spend quality time with friends or family: in short, a place where you can just enjoy yourself!
In July and August: open every day from 8:30am to 12 noon. (bar only) and from 3:00pm to 10:30pm (snackbar: last orders taken at 9:00pm).
In early season: open upon booking. Half-board option available for small groups (up to 15-20 people): family reunions, sports groups…
- We offer a menu of « homemade » pizzas, main courses, Ardèche specialties such as caillettes (dried rennet stomachs), ravioli gratins, Planche Ardèchoise (selection of cheeses, hams etc.)
- Every Wednesday evening in July and August: themed meal (paella, mussels and chips, barbecues…)
- Breakfast (bread, pastries, butter, jam, juice, tea or coffee): for more convenience on the day of your departure, or simply to enjoy the terrace and the view of the cliff! Served daily from 8:30 am (to be ordered the day before)
- Ice cream and drinks to take away or enjoy on site on the shaded terrace at any time of the day!
- Local newspaper (Le Dauphiné libéré) available in July and August
- TV broadcasting of sporting events
For your comfort
To make sure your stay at Camping La Turelure fulfills your expectations:
- Free WiFi up to 30 min per day / various packages (day, week) available for extra charge
- Swimming pool and paddling pool (10:00am to 7h00pm, swimming shorts and shorts prohibited)
- An equipped playground ping-pong table, lit pétanque court
- Booking service for sports activities: canoeing, canyoning, treetop adventure course
- 2 lavatory blocks accessible to people with reduced mobility, a family cubicle, a nursery area with a baby bath, hot showers free of charge
- Washing machine (with tokens)
- Fridge rental (subject to availability)
- Electricity 10 A on each site (bring an extension cord of at least 25 m)
- 2 group barbecue facilities (coal) at your disposal
- Dogs allowed (except in rental accommodation, no category 1 and 2 dogs, must be kept on lead, up-to-date vaccination booklet compulsory, and owner responsible for keeping the grounds clean)
- Supermarket in Uzer (700 m away), supermarkets in Rosières and Largentière (4 km) or Joyeuse (7 km)
For “active” holidays nearby
If you’re looking for thrills, things that’ll awaken your sense of wonder, or breathtaking landscapes, you’ve come to the right place: the Ardèche has all of this and more!
Sports activities with our partners (booking at reception)
In order to give you the best tips on top-quality services and guarantee our customers’ well-being, we’ve drawn up a selection of our favourite local businesses:
- Canoeing down the Ardèche river (6-8 or 11-14 km). We work with a range of different companies, depending on what kind of experience you’re after, or who’s in your family or group: Rosières Bateaux, Isla Cool Douce.
We can also book a river descent for longer trips down the gorges: 13, 24, 32 km with Canoë Services.
- Canyoning in the Chassezac gorges (book at the campsite), with our very attentive instructor (Nature Découverte), who’ll take you to stunning remote spots and tell you all about the surrounding wildlife. An outing that’ll take your breath away!
- Treetop adventure course and Via Ferrata at Adventure Camp park in Grospierres: 15 obstacle courses through the trees accessible from 4 years of age. Zipline across the Chassezac river for extra thrills!
Other activities to book with providers
- Rock climbing (Balazuc, Casteljau)
- Donkey rides starting out from Chauzon, or Malbosc (Les Vans)
- Horse-riding centre: Lauzières stables in Tauriers or Chavetourte in St Alban Auriolles
- Pool complex in Lablachère (11 km): fun pool, slides, fitness area (spa, sauna, hammam)
For a « discovery » holiday
Whatever you’re into, heritage, old architecture, the wonders of nature, or history…
South Ardècheis brimming with treasures!
- Stroll through the many traditional villages (Balazuc, Vogüe, Ruoms, Labeaume..), and neighbouring medieval towns (Largentière, Joyeuse, Montréal)
- Try some tasty Ardèche specialties at holiday-season markets or night markets in summer (Joyeuse, Largentière, Aubenas, Ruoms…)
- Visit any number of museums or castles to discover the life and history of the Ardèche region (Castanéa in Joyeuse, Museum of the Ardèche in Balazuc, Lavender house in Saint Remèze, Montreal castle, Largentière, Vogüé castle, Roure castle…)
- Go underground and explore a great many caves: Aven d’Orgnac, Grotte Saint Marcel, Grotte de la Cocalière, Grotte Chauvet 2 (online tickets only)
- Ardèche Aluna Festival: music event at the end of June, 3 days of music with renowned artists in an amazing setting!!